blade belt slips off

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
What is up with the tire in the pic? Is it off of the machine?

Murray1

Threads
Tire is on. I wasn't sure why that looked that way; however, I just went out and looked and it appears to be a reflection of the tire off the shinny metal guard that is on the grass shoot.

gfp55

Threads
From that I can see in the pictures, it looks like you have an alignment problem with the pulleys. Maybe check to see if one or more plastic bushings on the part that the idler pulley pivots on. Maybe you can take more pictures pulled back some, we can blow them up latter.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Murray lt Parts Diagram Index for 38608X92B

Use leaf blower after every mow on entire tractor, water will damage electrical components. Inspect all pulleys on deck, hands on with gloves, for wear, sharp edges, spin pulleys and with both hands try rocking side to side up and down checking for bearing wear, also check all hardware making sure it is tight and secure. Grease and lube with oil squirt gun all moving parts making sure not to get on belts, if you do wipe off immediately. Also apply grease to sector and pinion on steering shaft.

Murray1

Threads
I have attached a few more photos after removing the deck. The idler pulley appears to be out of line and not parallel. Not sure what has caused this or if this is normal.

Also, in the second photo I am still curious if the adjustment arm is supposed to push up against the side of the guide for the idler pulley. I have set it in place to show. It seems to be like this at high cutting settings and works and then as I lower the deck it disengages and stops cutting.

Thanks.IMG_0373.jpgIMG_0372.jpgIMG_0371.jpg

gfp55

Threads
The idler pulley is shot (black plastic one) The top part is gone, look at it. Look at the bottom, then look at the top of the pulley, there is no top lip to hold the belt on. You need at idler pulley.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have attached a few more photos after removing the deck. The idler pulley appears to be out of line and not parallel. Not sure what has caused this or if this is normal.

Also, in the second photo I am still curious if the adjustment arm is supposed to push up against the side of the guide for the idler pulley. I have set it in place to show. It seems to be like this at high cutting settings and works and then as I lower the deck it disengages and stops cutting.

Thanks.View attachment 22112View attachment 22113View attachment 22114

Good pictures, does idler arm move, is it bent, loose, cracked?
Amazon.com : Flat Idler Pulley Replaces Murray 91801, 91801MA, 690452, 690452MA, 774089, 774089MA : Lawn Mower Idlers : Patio, Lawn & Garden look at bottom nine new from 4.96.

Arm Assembly-Idler [092032SEMA] for Murray Lawn Equipment | eReplacement Parts

Murray1

Threads
Thanks.

It is so bad I did not even know it was supposed to have a top lip. I also cleaned up the deck and noticed a steel wire wrap around about 5 times under one of the blades. I was able to cut about 1/2 Acre on setting 3 (what I normally cut on) with no problem.

Regardless I am getting a new idler pulley.

I believe problem is solve.

Again thanks.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
We're all human and it's not bad you missed it. Information & knowledge come by reading, studying, and hands on when it comes to mowers.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I replace these cheap ones with steel ones from tractor supply.