black plastic gas tanks with hole in the bottom

Tinnybit

Forum Newbie
Someone out there had to have run into the older black plastic fuel tanks W/ the hole in the bottom. They are designed to place a rubber gromlet over your shut off valve and then insert into the factory hole in the bottom of the tank. I want to modify this nightmare so I can somehow install a permenent male nozzel that I could then run gas line over the nozzel and put a clamp on it. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks, TB
 
I have taken these tanks to my local auto body shop where they have a special adhesive which you can permanently attach an outlet to the tank. Can't tell you the name of the epoxy they use, but it has saved my butt many times.
 
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair forum. :smile:
 
Back
Top