Big Mistake

All That Jazz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok bought a brand new Husqvarna AWD 725ex Briggs engine electric start- promptly had 5 transient strokes and heart failure ... it was over the winter so now lawn mowing, that spring I was better enough to start mowing again the strikes left me unable to speak for quite a few months needless to say my thought process was messed up too, much better now. Had to give up mowing the lawn tho but now I'm feeling good enough to start mowing again new plug new filter, float pin and seat, cleaned the carburetor Changed the oil- but it hit me I had run the mower for three seasons on the oil that came with it!.
How much damage have I done?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'd say if it's not clanging or ticking, drain the old, put in the correct amount of SAE30 oil.should be about 20 ounces at capacity.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Neighbor still has OE oil in a 10 year old mower. I don't agree with that, but not my biz either.

I think yours is ok. run it on a couple mows & I'd suggest changing the oil filter & the oil again..Oil is the cheapest thing on these machines. & take it easy. Good you are doing better.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad to hear you are feeling better
As the others have said just as long as there is oil in there you will not have done terminal damage

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't worry about the oil. You may even have one of the check and add engines which don't require oil changes, which is another story for another time.