Export thread

Big Dog Alpha MP drive belt gets cut.

T

tbriglia

Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone on here has had an issue with drive belt being sliced in two after only a few minutes of operation? I can’t see any abnormalities but then again I may be looking in the wrong place. I love my big dog and keep it well maintained and clean. I did notice I have a couple of broken fins on the drive motor pulleys but I wouldn’t think they would cut the belt. I ordered 2 new pulleys and hope this solves the issue. All info is greatly appreciated.

M

MowLife

Is it actually cut or is it possible that it snapped from a pulley problem?

T

tbriglia

Is it actually cut or is it possible that it snapped from a pulley problem?

It is actually cut. There are no indications of it snapping or rubbing against anything. Going to take it apart later today and see what would cause this.

A

Ant b

Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone on here has had an issue with drive belt being sliced in two after only a few minutes of operation? I can’t see any abnormalities but then again I may be looking in the wrong place. I love my big dog and keep it well maintained and clean. I did notice I have a couple of broken fins on the drive motor pulleys but I wouldn’t think they would cut the belt. I ordered 2 new pulleys and hope this solves the issue. All info is greatly appreciated.
I own a BD Alpha MP (2017) after my drive belt broke (180 hrs) I went to my local BD dealer to get the belt. They said the "ribbed" drive belt was a defect and was replaced with a regular belt. I didn't have to pay for the belt, just a 1/2 labor. Guess I got lucky with an honest BD dealer. Hope this helps

cpurvis

cpurvis

Anybody speak Russian? Is this spam or not?

B

bertsmobile1

IT is spam with a link so should be removed before any one his the green button
the text Бесплатный подарок translates to free gift
Even if it is a joke, it is not a mower post so toss it