Big Dog Alpha MP drive belt gets cut.

tbriglia

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone on here has had an issue with drive belt being sliced in two after only a few minutes of operation? I can’t see any abnormalities but then again I may be looking in the wrong place. I love my big dog and keep it well maintained and clean. I did notice I have a couple of broken fins on the drive motor pulleys but I wouldn’t think they would cut the belt. I ordered 2 new pulleys and hope this solves the issue. All info is greatly appreciated.

MowLife

Threads
Is it actually cut or is it possible that it snapped from a pulley problem?

tbriglia

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it actually cut or is it possible that it snapped from a pulley problem?

It is actually cut. There are no indications of it snapping or rubbing against anything. Going to take it apart later today and see what would cause this.

Ant b

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone on here has had an issue with drive belt being sliced in two after only a few minutes of operation? I can’t see any abnormalities but then again I may be looking in the wrong place. I love my big dog and keep it well maintained and clean. I did notice I have a couple of broken fins on the drive motor pulleys but I wouldn’t think they would cut the belt. I ordered 2 new pulleys and hope this solves the issue. All info is greatly appreciated.
I own a BD Alpha MP (2017) after my drive belt broke (180 hrs) I went to my local BD dealer to get the belt. They said the "ribbed" drive belt was a defect and was replaced with a regular belt. I didn't have to pay for the belt, just a 1/2 labor. Guess I got lucky with an honest BD dealer. Hope this helps

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anybody speak Russian? Is this spam or not?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT is spam with a link so should be removed before any one his the green button
the text Бесплатный подарок translates to free gift
Even if it is a joke, it is not a mower post so toss it