Best Zero Turn Mower Brands

joepacelli

Threads
So I'm looking for a Zero turn Mower and started reading posts on here.
But I also using the internet for research but every time I try searches like Best Zero Turn Mower 2017 or 2018 I get results of
Poulan Pro
Husqvarna
Troy-bilt

Most of these lists don't even show brands that everyone is talking about on here like;
Gravely
Scag
Hustler
EXMark
Toro

Why don't these brands show up?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like your search engine has the Lowe's virus :laughing: Try a different search engine.

joepacelli

Threads
Sounds like your search engine has the Lowe's virus :laughing: Try a different search engine.

:laughing: Yeah, tried all three. Edge, IE and Google. Even used MSN, Bing and Google and still same results
Everything keeps show Poulan Pro, Husqvarna, Troy-Bilt and sometimes Swisher as the Best Zero Turn Mowers

Even if I same Best Commercial Zero Turn Mowers 2018, same results

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro here, not much to talk about when machine is running fine. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself). :laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like someone has some hardcore and effective marketing. But those aren't the top brands as far as quality, although Husqvarna makes some excellent equipment. It's some of their larger equipment that seems to have quality issues. My main mechanic is at the Husky dealership that is primarily a rental yard. I love their chain saws, trimmers and blowers and switched over to them from Shindaiwa, which is now owned by Echo.

It seems that more people are going to the big box stores and buying their equipment. Personally I'd rather buy something that's been fully assembled, adjusted and tested by a qualified mechanic that I can go back to if I have any issues. Things like the first carb adjustment after the machine has been "run in" is often complimentary.

There's a reason that most of the mowers on landscaper's trailers in my area are Exmark, Scag, Bob-Cat, Toro and Grasshopper but I don't think Grasshopper has a residential mower line. It tends to vary regionally. There's only one guy in my area that runs a Dixie Chopper but in other areas they're much more prevalent. Gravely, Ferris, Simplicity, Ariens, Snapper Pro and others all make some excellent mowers too. Personally I give as much consideration to the dealer as I do the color of the machine. If you can't get parts and service for it conveniently it can ruin the experience. What's the Big Box store going to do for you in 8 years when the machine needs a little rehab?

P.S. - I forgot to mention John Deere - don't want to offend any fans of the green machines. :smile:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No such thing as a "best ZTR"
There is the right ZTR for the enviroment that it is in & the jobs it is required to do.
A great mower being asked to do something it was not designed to do will be a bad mower.
You won't get a better cut than a Walker, but you won't push a Walker through 10" of thick Kentucky Blue.
Some will mow shortish grass very well & very fast , others will turn pasture into golf greens.
Every brand has a few models that are pure rubbish or require extensive modifications to work properly.
And every brand has a mower that is best or near best in class.
I pay some curry eater $ 100 and he will make sure any time anyone searches for best & mower, my mower will come out on top of the list.

OTOH is you go to all the bitching web sites and search there you will find all of the mowers people had big problems with.
Knock them out & what is left should be reasonable.
Nothing under 3000 is any better than anything else under $ 3000 so if you are looking there just pick your favourite colour.

joepacelli

Threads
Don’t really have a budget. I was looking at the EXmark Radius E series for 5000 and the wife said if that’s what I want get it.
I’ve still got time till we move into the new home, but she also doesn’t want me having heart attack doing yard work.
Summers here are hot and humid.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you don't have a budget and like the Radius and don't want to look around any further, go for it. I don't think anyone here is going to try to talk you out of it. You might be able to find a better value, but I don't think you'll find a better all-around mower in that category. Exmark did a really nice job with the Radius series.

cruzenmike

Threads
The number of mower consumers outnumbers the number of commercial users 1,000 to 1, or maybe more. Commercial users probably aren't as likely to Google search what the best ztr is, instead they will know what"commercial" mowers are out there and shop the dealers. Also, consumers are less likely to spend $5k or more on a mower. So if average Joe tries to use the internet to find the"best ztr" then the results are going to be consumer-oriented machines, in the sub $3k price range with the highest reviews/number of reviews based on what internet sources have provided.

With all of that being said, there is a reason why commercial users purchase Exmark, Gravely, Ferris and so on; higher quality machines, better engines, faster ground speed and superior cut quality.

But for you at home, the best machine can simply be the one that you can afford, the one to which you like the features, the one that fits through your gate, etc.. You asked a very subjective question!

My opinion, the Radius E is a very good mower if it checks all the boxes for you. Don't let this question give you any anxiety!

joepacelli

Threads
The number of mower consumers outnumbers the number of commercial users 1,000 to 1, or maybe more. Commercial users probably aren't as likely to Google search what the best ztr is, instead they will know what"commercial" mowers are out there and shop the dealers. Also, consumers are less likely to spend $5k or more on a mower. So if average Joe tries to use the internet to find the"best ztr" then the results are going to be consumer-oriented machines, in the sub $3k price range with the highest reviews/number of reviews based on what internet sources have provided.

With all of that being said, there is a reason why commercial users purchase Exmark, Gravely, Ferris and so on; higher quality machines, better engines, faster ground speed and superior cut quality.

But for you at home, the best machine can simply be the one that you can afford, the one to which you like the features, the one that fits through your gate, etc.. You asked a very subjective question!

My opinion, the Radius E is a very good mower if it checks all the boxes for you. Don't let this question give you any anxiety!

Well right now I definitely like the Radius E over the Hustler Raptor SD
Hard to compare to the Toro since I only looked at the MX4200.
I need to go to another Toro dealer which will be closer to where I will live, and also go to the EXmark dealer close to my new home to check out there facility and service.
I would also like to check out 3 other dealers near there that sell SCAG, Gravely, and the last carries both Ferris and Snapper. I don't want to rule these mowers out without at least checking what they have to offer.
And also see the service they all provide.

I'm probably going to stick with something between 48" and 54" deck. And the deck has to be a Fabricated Deck, not a stamped deck