Best way to pre-heat small engine before snow blowing

dave678

Forum Newbie
I wondering the best way to pre-heat my John Deere LX255 lawn tractor's air cooled 15hp engine up here in Wisconsin? Having problems getting gas into the cylinder when it's below zero, thinking the gas control solenoid freezes up.
 
A trick we have had success with is a hair dryer. Warm up the area around the carb. Normally takes about five minutes. You might be wishing for warmer weather, but for me a couple of feet of snow would be welcome.
 
A trick we have had success with is a hair dryer. Warm up the area around the carb. Normally takes about five minutes. You might be wishing for warmer weather, but for me a couple of feet of snow would be welcome.

Just row over to Albany and get some.

I always put dry gas in the 5 gallon can when I fill it for the winter. 1/2 a bottle for 5 gallons does the trick. Use the good stuff. Isopropanol
 
Back
Top