Best commercial mower under 8500

zmister11

Threads
Next year I will probably be buying another zero turn. But I want it to be full commercial with a 48 inch deck. The dealer that I like sells gravely Dixie's and exmarks. I liked the way the pro turn 148 looks and feels but haven't demoed it. But if yall have any other suggestions I also have scag, ferris, and toro dealers as well. But I definitely don't want to go over 8500. It will be financed and I'll want to wait till next year and hope to get a end of the year sale. Just trying to figure out which mower I should be saving up for

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Next year I will probably be buying another zero turn. But I want it to be full commercial with a 48 inch deck. The dealer that I like sells gravely Dixie's and exmarks. I liked the way the pro turn 148 looks and feels but haven't demoed it. But if yall have any other suggestions I also have scag, ferris, and toro dealers as well. But I definitely don't want to go over 8500. It will be financed and I'll want to wait till next year and hope to get a end of the year sale. Just trying to figure out which mower I should be saving up for

If you're going to finance I'd go To the Toro with there 0% interest from 42 to 60 months and you need to buy warranty. That's why I bought my Z Master with the 4yr 500 hour and my GS is a 5 yr 1200 hour warranty.

zmister11

Threads
If you're going to finance I'd go To the Toro with there 0% interest from 42 to 60 months and you need to buy warranty. That's why I bought my Z Master with the 4yr 500 hour and my GS is a 5 yr 1200 hour warranty.

What did you pay for your z master?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What did you pay for your z master?

It was actually $7100 otd but I financed $6100. Payments run $145.00 a month but I pay a lot more than that. Should have it payed off in just 4 or 5 months.

zmister11

Threads
It was actually $7100 otd but I financed $6100. Payments run $145.00 a month but I pay a lot more than that. Should have it payed off in just 4 or 5 months.

Oh okay that's not bad at all. Do you like the cut quality of it? Which z master is it?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

That is a question that is going to get different answers from everyone who posts on this site. There are many on here that have a lot of knowledge about the mowers they use and will say that their brand is the best on the market, but they won't have experience with every brand out there. I, for instance, have no experience with big dog, or gravely, and little experience with Dixie chopper. An $8500 budget is going to get you a great mower no matter which one you go with. I suggest you demo every mower that is available to you in your area and go with the one you like best.

My top choices in that price range are as follows.
Toro z master series/ exmark laser z (if you have horses they offer an equine discount)
Hustler x one (well built mowers with a flex fork option for a smoother ride)
Ferris is2100 (smallest deck is a 52", but the independent suspension gives a great ride)
Kubota z700 series (new line for kubota with $1000 off and 0% for up to 54 months)
Country clipper charger (smallest deck is 52", but has a single joystick control and a flip forward deck for easy maintenance)
Snapper pro s150xt (same mower as ferris without the independent suspension, and a 48" will run around $6000)
All of those mowers will be in the price range and all offer similar drive trains with different extra features. It just depends on what is most important to you. Most of the brands mentioned offer at least 0% interest for 48 months.

sjessen

Threads
In addition to all of the brands already mentioned, Bad Boy is known for being a good value.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh okay that's not bad at all. Do you like the cut quality of it? Which z master is it?

The cut quality on the mower is great. I used the original blades for the first 50 hours and they had a great cut. I've switched to the G6 Gator blades and can't say the cut quality is any better than the originals but I can say there's a lot less clippings left. I purchased the Z Master 2000, it has the 20.5hp Kawasaki FX and the 3400 drives which for what I'm doing 70 plus lawns a week is more than enough. The drives are rated @ 500lbs of torque with a 1600 lbs GVW which leaves me almost 700 lbs to play with.

The build quality of the Z Master mower is better I believe than most, it has a larger and heavier frame which improves the ride, everything is sealed bearings so there's no greasing spindles and the spindles on most mowers are are like 4 to 5 inch with a 4 bolt attachment to the deck, the Toro spindles are 8 inch 6 bolt attachment which are more durable. The decks are a 10-gauge top that is formed and continuously seam welded, 7-gauge side skirt and 7-gauge reinforced spindle mounting locations for improved strength and reduced weight. not an 11 ga. The front wheels and front end or castors are also sealed bearing.

Last edited:

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
In addition to all of the brands already mentioned, Bad Boy is known for being a good value.

The only bad boy I would be interested in is the outlaw series. There isn't much for dealer support in my area for them. Most I see around here are sold at tractor supply.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only bad boy I would be interested in is the outlaw series. There isn't much for dealer support in my area for them. Most I see around here are sold at tractor supply.

Most I see around here are sold at tractor supply. You say that like that's a bad thing.