best chainsaw

www.stihl.de

...sorry but itエs still german

http://www.stihlusa.com/corporate/history-company.html

but some weedeaters and saws are made in USA (same as Mercedes M-Class or BMW Z and X)

About the Poulan: Ok..they belong to E-Lux (Husky, Jonsereds, a part of the McCulloch Co, too) but from my opinion and in Germany they only have been sold at boxstores. they have been the best choice in their range, if it comes to price and quality.

Unfortunately there are some Poulan clones on the market

http://www.cn-chaoyue.com/big-e.php?pid=1080

which are completly junk. I canエt believe, that E-Lux is building them in China. But as they chinese are cloning it, there must be a reason for doing so. Casue they are cloning Husqvarna, Stihl and Zenoah, too.
 
One thing I haven't read yet is the type of chain on the saw. Most of the ones that come from the factory are the reduced kick-back blades, mainly to reduce liability for the company. You can still get a more aggressive blade which will cut faster. Either way, I'd rather have a sharp blade on any saw than a great saw with a dull blade.

That said, I've owned two Husky ranchers and been very happy with them. They have a forced air across the air filter which keeps it from getting dirty for just about forever. I've never had a problem starting either, although my new one has a pressure relief on the cylinder which makes it that much better.

My stepdad swore by Stihl and I've used his numerous times with great satisfaction. I haven't bought one because....well I'm as stubborn as him and he never bought a Husky. I used to drive past the Stihl plant in Va Beach, but not sure what they actually made there.

Lastly, why in the heck do they make a camo pattern chainsaw?? I have enough trouble finding an orange one half the time!



My Earth Day Celebration
 
Last edited:
We were in the firewood business for a good many years, had lots of different brands and stuck with one. Stihl, I have 3 in current use and will never change. Run in all temps from -40 degrees to above 100 degrees, never any problems, always ready for work. The 2 big saws have seen about 10,000 cord each and the small saw I just purchased. ( sorry no pictures nor saw numbers)
We needed professional saws for the job at hand. Not everybody needs this type of saw. Remember, keep your chain tight, chain, sharp and gas clean. Know your souroundings and Last but not least. . . wear a hard hat because the life you save just might be your own!
:thumbsup:

"YOU CAN TAKE MY STIHL WHEN YOU CAN PRY MY COLD STIFF HANDS FROM IT ! "
 
Monica , As a Canadian I take issue with you not repairing the recoil on that old Stihl lmao , just love old Threads !
 
I have two Stihl's, I cut a lot of fire wood so I bought the PRO series, they are very good saws.
I also run pure gas with no ethanol, really makes a difference on two strokes.
 
BK ,I believe Sthil is German made. russ

The last letter in the serial number is the country of origin.
Stihl have plants in Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, China & USA ( probably more ).
The pro stuff comes from Europe the cheap stuff comes from one of the cheapie countries.
However all of the factories are owned or run by Stihl so they work under Stihl's quality control
Unlike a lot of other big name brands that just buy or commission junk and market it under their brand.
 
Hi,

The answer depends on what type of chain saw you are actually looking for and for what is the main purpose of it.

1. Gas or electric? Or Cordless?
2. Heavy duty? Are you a professional or a home user for occasional use?

Then the question comes of choosing the brand and model.

Thank you.
 
Back
Top