Best Advice for a Healthy Lawn

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Scotts corn meal is what I use on all my lawns...depending where your located will depend on application...in north bay Ontario Canada I apply twice a year usually end of April and again in august..your timing has to before weeds go to seed...corn gluten won't let a seed germinate. It works great when other around don't do anything to their yards..

So, I guess if you lay it on in May, that is probably bad for the grass that wants to grow new shoots? That is what the garden centre told me...

lawnbarbers

Threads
If the new shoots are from existing grass, you are good. If the new shoots are from a seed, I would say no...as corn gluten stops seeds from germinating. It's all about timing...corn will last 6weeks then put your grass seed down after that.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the new shoots are from existing grass, you are good. If the new shoots are from a seed, I would say no...as corn gluten stops seeds from germinating. It's all about timing...corn will last 6weeks then put your grass seed down after that.

Ya excatly its a non herbicide pre emergent. That comment about neighbors who don't care is excatly right and that's when I use it when I have a neighbor who has a dandelion factory. And I can use it without licences because its not a herbicide its animal feed :)

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea, I checked in a book and it says to not apply when you just put grass seeds. A trick could be to seed in the fall and put gluten in April/May.