Belts keep breaking

MOMLOVESUALL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check all idlers and spindles. Spin them. If any spin free but makes noise it needs replaced. Any that have rough or tight spots when spun need replaced. Double check that all belt guides are on the correct side of the belts. Check any belt guides on idler pulleys are in the correct position. Double check belt routing. Can you post a pic of a ruined belt?
Sorry threw the away.

MOMLOVESUALL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks picking up a new belt in the morning. Double checking everything. Thanks I will let you know how everything goes!

jerrycmorrow

Threads
Have you had this mower a while? Did it ever NOT ruin belts?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have a Hustler in the shop now where an idler pulley bearing is going bad causi9ng it to destroy belts. When off the deck free spining the pulley as it slows there is notable catching of the bnearing. This would be made worst under the belt tension load. Several years I had Husqvarna that was snapping Kevlar belts because of the same thing. The bearing would hang when not in use and the customer engaged the deck the belt would snap in two.

RLW_LT2138

Threads
Our cub was eating belts. I fixed it be repacking the spindles. Take them apart and clean and regrease. Using the grease gun did not do it!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most likely they were sealed bearing installed in a greaseable spindle. OEM had been doing this for a while now as seal bearing are cheaper to buy. Most times I have to pop the inner seal on new grreasable spindle bearing before I even install the spindles. Sealed bearing seals just seal off tighter when try to force grease into the bearing.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get one of those crack dealer special needles and shoot some grease into them.

Or do this.

CaptFerd

Threads
I had this exact mower with the same exact problem. It took me a while to figure it out but I did. Problem is tha