belt size question

corvairbob

Threads
ok update i got the belts it is working this one came from husqvarna at one time and i got it from ebay original part number on the cover is 581-832401 like the book says. so maybe when the part was picked the incorrect belts were in the wrong bins. even after 3 tries. anyway like i said if you need an american number it is 1/2 x 35 1/4" belt. and now i'm going to get another one so i will not be caught again with my pants down. i had on the old sleve get a new one asap and i dropped that ball. oldtimers i guess. so now you know. thanks bp.

corvairbob

Threads
ok final update the belt i just got 34.4" 90cm long by 1/2" wide works like a champ. i went out yearterday and blowed out the back drive section about as big as a 40 x 80 barn 12" deep compressed for a week and it blew the snow liek a champ. so for those looking for a belt the 1/2" x 35 1/4" belt shoud be just fine. ihave also order another one this tiem i got the cogged belt as they will bend easier around the drive pulley so if i need to use that one we will see then what one did work better! but ihave used that type before on other machines with great success.

so if you find you need a belt for this type of a machine and because poulan did not enter the normal belt size this is one that works as it should.
1/2 x 35 1/4" fit good installs fast oh! one thing i did do but most may not be able is i cut slots at the bottom of the impeller house where the lower belt guide is and took off the belt guide and slotted that so i could also get it closer to help prevent any future failures if and when this belt get worn. the made that guid so it sets about 3/4 of the thickness of the belt width so when it wears it can jump off the lower pulley. but that may be more then most can do.