Belt comes off on deck when blades are disengaged on troybilt bronco.

nowlinrl

Forum Newbie
Had a small limb caught under mower and bent idler pulley and cut belt on deck. Replaced pulley and belt and now when blades are disengaged the belt comes off on deck.
 
Had a small limb caught under mower and bent idler pulley and cut belt on deck. Replaced pulley and belt and now when blades are disengaged the belt comes off on deck.

Check to be sure the belt is the correct length and check the belt guides to be sure they are close to the pulleys.
 
Anytime I ever had this issue if I tightened the nuts on the tension spring to the brake/clutch the problem would go away.
I also noticed at times when I would push the clutch/brake peddle down hard and fast it would cause the belt to pop off especially after the tractor warmed up.
 
Back
Top