Battery Yellow Light

rmancini

Threads
My LX277's yellow light stays on for about 15 - 20 mins when I first engage the blades. Then it goes out and all is well. This has been bugging me for quite a while but I've never ended up with a dead battery because of it.
I eventually got used to it but one more thing you might try:
Remove the battery cables and clean both the cables and the battery terminals.
Rich

Threads
While I'm here anyway, [/B]I wish they would use blue, red, and white instead of yellow, red, green -- especially when it is a single light (like on a charger) that is supposed to change from red to green when finished.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
About 30% of the Male population has some colorblindness issues. Mine is red/green and I can't usually tell them apart.

I would really agree with that statement. Whoever thought of the single red to green charging light should be punished with red/green colorblindness.

I don't think the person who "invented" the red --> green charging light should be punished....I think the person who invented the red and green traffic light should be punished. The consequences are a little worse if you go through a red light compared to thinking a battery is done charging! :laughing:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The difference of position also comes into play - For traffic lights, Red (on top) Yellow (middle) Green (bottom) -- unless it is a single flashing Red or Yellow (then you need to look for a Stop sign or just stop to use caution.
If there are 2 seperate LEDs next to text that indicates what they mean - that is OK.

I don't think the person who "invented" the red --> green charging light should be punished....I think the person who invented the red and green traffic light should be punished. The consequences are a little worse if you go through a red light compared to thinking a battery is done charging! :laughing:

Threads
The difference of position also comes into play - For traffic lights, Red (on top) Yellow (middle) Green (bottom) -- unless it is a single flashing Red or Yellow (then you need to look for a Stop sign or just stop to use caution.
If there are 2 seperate LEDs next to text that indicates what they mean - that is OK.

Yeah, I agree, but think about someone just glancing at a traffic light and not studying the position of it. They could mistake the position and be in serious trouble! But yes, the chargers with the lights AND labels are OK.