battery terminal connections on John Deere built Scotts mower

angry old coot

Forum Newbie
fellows, I have what SHOULD be a simple question to get an answer to, but so far, no luck.
my Scotts (by Deere) mowers battery died, & a "buddy" tried to "fix" it. now that I have determined
that he should be locked away for his (and my) own safety, I have bought a new battery.
BUT, with him out of the picture, I now discover that there are three wires going to the battery,
not two as on everything I have ever worked on. in addition to the ground & hot wires (black & red respectively),
there is a much smaller third wire which is green. to keep me from blowing a fuse, both figuratively and
mentally, which post does it go to? sorry for being a moron, but....thanks for any advice. angry old coot
 
Hello,

Have you followed this green wire back to see where abouts it finishes.

Yep I would trace it then that would tell if you if was hot or ground, most green and black are ground with yellow and red as hot, but you never know what your buddy has done.
 
Back
Top