Battery Tender

I have a harbor freight trickle charger.... I used to use it all summer long on my jeep before my wife started driving it. I did this for 4 years same 5$ charger it sat from Apr to Nov
 
Stuckjinn has it right. Have used H-Frt and had trickle units fail, but never a fire or overheat. Upgraded to Schumaker. The smart charger is great-around $50, I think. I regularly rotate chargers through 3 cars and the rider, especially in winter. The extended life of several batteries will quickly pay for the charger.
 
The fire department never did say if it was the charger, or the battery. I think it was the battery that blew up, and started the fire.
 
I disconnect the positive post and leave them in the machine they never seem to go dead.
but i use compact deep cycle batteries available from batteries plus and check the charge monthly.
 
Back
Top