Battery question!

Rickcin

Threads
I am running a couple 2017 batteries. Signs of it going bad is not holding a charge, not charging fully, or a slow engine crank. Then it's time to replace. Walmart's price on their EverStart batteries is $29. I'm running a 2018 in my mower right now. At that price, it won't break your piggy bank if you don't get 5+ years.

Rickcin

Threads
I’m going to buy one at the local CC dealer for $54and they take my waste oil as well.

I do realize it’s more expensive than a local big box store or tractor supply.

smalltimerpm

Threads
I’m going to buy one at the local CC dealer for $54and they take my waste oil as well.

I do realize it’s more expensive than a local big box store or tractor supply.
It's More expensive but they always somehow find a way to do More for you! I like that you stick with your local dealer! Shows what a great customer you are!

davis2

Threads
You've gotten a good run from the battery. You know when it will fail, and without warning: a) when you are at the farthest point in your mowing area; b) when you have only 1 more pass to finish the job; c) just as it starts to rain; d) 5 minutes after the nearest battery place closes. Save yourself some grief and just get a new battery. Ask me how I know these things......
Sounds like we live in the same world, governed by Mr. Murphy and his damn law!

Ericngreenbrier

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a CC XT2 lawn tractor and the battery is 6 years old and i keep it tendered for the winters here in Virginia.
I’m thinking I should just replace the battery prior to this years season, or, do you get a warning prior to the battery just going completely dead? Thanks
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it

STEVES

Threads
The higher the CCA is usually the better & longer lasting battery. Had not luck with Walmart, just me I guess! And yes, why wait for a problem you know is coming!!

Rickcin

Threads
The higher the CCA is usually the better & longer lasting battery. Had not luck with Walmart, just me I guess! And yes, why wait for a problem you know is coming!!
I agree with both of your comments; I had a Walmart battery installed on my Honda Element once and it died at least two years sooner than an Interstate battery when the car was in a colder climate. Don’t think that involved any luck!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You got to remember Tramlaw buys from the cheapest source. I usually go with Duracell batteries from Battery Plus Bulbs. The Tramlaw batteries only have 90 day warranty where the Battery Plus one have 120 day warranty. Just can't afford the Die Hard ones.

Rickcin

Threads
You got to remember Tramlaw buys from the cheapest source. I usually go with Duracell batteries from Battery Plus Bulbs. The Tramlaw batteries only have 90 day warranty where the Battery Plus one have 120 day warranty. Just can't afford the Die Hard ones.
Agreed, there is definitely a range in quality along with the cost!
The Battery Store wants $59 for my tractor battery, the came price as my local Cub Cadet dealer.

Last edited: