Attachments Baggers fail to pick up cuttings.

HuntPJ

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere lawn tractor Model LA 135. Purchased the bagger attachment about two years ago at Lowe's and initially it worked fine, but now it seems to pick up a little cut grass and that is it. Then I find the chute to be clogged. Employee at Lowes suggested spraying the tubing with cooking spray, did this to no avail and even tried WD 40. This is frustrating. Anyone else dealing with this problem, and if so, were they able to solve it? Thanks!

Nwatson99

Threads
Clean the chute thoroughly to get the chemicals out of it. "Me personally I would not spray anything in it especially oil based"
Then clean the manifold and bags thoroughly as well.
Re-assemble it after everything is totally dried and try it again.

Have you noticed are your blades in good shape and cutting the same as they were?

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hunt. Without saying you know about damp or wet grass clogs, right. My craftsman 3 bin will not tolerate even damp grass witout clogging. Other things I have noticed is make sure cover is snapped shut over bags, be easy with the rubber seal , blades are on correct orientation for lift, clean (chisel) debris away under deck, especially where clippings must change direction and proceed up, breather vent in bag area (if present, mine is hard basket style) is open. Finally, where up-tube is attached to deck: keep it tight against deck. Mine has had spring retainers torn off in battle. Replace them. I make them out of screen door return spring.