Repairs Bad Gas

But

I have had fuel sitting in my own mower for 6 months and causes no problems.
Seems to be conditions fuel is kept thats causing problems.

I have left fuel in my mowers for 5 to 6 months every year with no additives(Stabil, etc.) for 15 years now. All fuel here has ethanol in it.
I have seen bad fuel that was 2 weeks old from a conveinence store, possible inground fuel tank problem.
 
Last edited:
There is plenty of non ethanol gas around for most folks.
You for example have a couple within 20 miles. Try it. You may like it so well you tell your customers about it.
 
I have let fuel set for 6 months and never had a problem with it. But for some reason this is the first year I am getting jobs in here with bad fuel to the point the engine doesn't run. I see no water in the carburetor but the fuel just looses its kick.
 
If you read on some of the Survivalist Forums they leave gas for a year and a half to two years and use it with no problems.
 
Good god..... Here we go again. Don't add **** to your fuel, don't let it sit to long, even old gas will burn
 
Good god..... Here we go again. Don't add **** to your fuel, don't let it sit to long, even old gas will burn

Now that you brought it up. I wonder if these fuel problems I have been seeing could be (Don't add **** to your fuel) ? As for myself and other owners I know let the fuel set over the winter months and our mowers start just fine in the spring.
 
Look for "Rec(recreation)" fuel. It is non ethanol and 90 octane. Costs. 75-$1.00 more per gal but way worth it as there are no issues. Sits with non-use just like the old days. Have to seek it out but it is available, at least in FL. It is a major issue with outboards. Also for very small stuff, weedwhackers, there is a premix fuel in a can which works really well for low consumption units.
 
Back
Top