Bad Boy ZT Elite vs Maverick

prowlerham

Forum Newbie
Threads
I seem to have narrowed my search down to the Bad Boy ZT Elite or Bad Boy Maverick. I'll admit that a big part of my decision is that i have a dealer about 10 minutes away that I've grown to trust, whereas other dealers would be 30-45 minutes away with folks I don't know at all.
I'm first of all interested in any inputs in comparing/choosing these two mowers. I'm mowing about 2 country acres. If someone is profoundly for or violently against these two or Bad Boy in general, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I'd say a Kawasaki Maverick is the very high end of my price range.
Thanks
-Ham

Mower King

Threads
The ZT Elite was our #1 seller in Bad Boys until the Mavericks came out......

prowlerham

Forum Newbie
Threads
The ZT Elite was our #1 seller in Bad Boys until the Mavericks came out......

Thanks. That gives me some confidence in both. Have you gotten any feedback from customers to compare the two?

Mower King

Threads
The Maverick has suspension and the ZT Elite is solid.......kinda a no brainer if you like a more smooth-er ride!

prowlerham

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are folks happy with the suspension after they buy it? Just asking since mowers haven’t really had suspension for years. Wondering if people think it’s worth the extra grand$...
Or if the suspension causes other issues.

Mower King

Threads
They seem to work real well with very few issues if used as designed....a lawn mower, not a brush hog, car trailer puller (w/car on it), rock/log/curb jumper! Go test drive one at your local Dealership....and NOT a box store!

prowlerham

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just pulled the trigger on a maverick. Apparently bad boy had run out of the correct size Kawasaki engines, so I got a discounted Honda engine. I’ll give some feedback on here once I have it. I appreciate your comments.

prowlerham

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just an update for anyone interested. My first use of the Maverick went great. This was also my first real use of a zero turn. Including learning curve, I’m estimating at least an hour of time savings by using a zero turn compared to my old John Deere conventional. So, though I hated to spent that kind of $$ on a mower, so far, I’m very pleased.

khr76

Threads
ZT Elite is solid mower and number 1 seller , Maverick also great sero turn mower

chuck_tator

Forum Newbie
Threads
So the Mavericks have the following over the ZT Elite. I use the ZT elite at our church, a little over an acre and its a great machine. My only complaint is I am 6 foot 2 and about 220 pounds and the handles are fixed.

But I mow my own property with a Maverick. I mow about 3.5 acres, and about a half acre in back is really rough ground.

1. 3 mph faster
2. Suspension / Better Seat
3. Adjustable handles (I can move them for more comfort)
4. Reaper Tires