Bad boy magnum mz 725cc

simondstafford

Forum Newbie
Threads
My bad boy magnum mz is cranking but not turning over. It’s getting fuel but no spark. Both spark plugs are fine so is there anything else like a relay that commonly goes down on these mowers?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
people wonder why some here get cranky
So for the ninth time today
WHAT ENGINE HAVE YOU GOT ?
makers name & engine number not just a Hp which means nothing
The year model & serial of your appropriately named BAD BOY helps us no end as well .

Now generic information
1) remove blower housing and remove kill wires from how ever many magnetos are there if it is not a fuel injected engine
Crank the engine
If it fires then you have a wiring problem in the mower
If it does not fire then you have an engine problem

And please try to use words that make sense
Crank = turn
Turn over means just that turning

So from your initial statement you have told us your starter motor is turning but your engine is not so either the engine is siezed or the flywheel is loose .
And some how I don't think that is your problem.

simondstafford

Forum Newbie
Threads
people wonder why some here get cranky
So for the ninth time today
WHAT ENGINE HAVE YOU GOT ?
makers name & engine number not just a Hp which means nothing
The year model & serial of your appropriately named BAD BOY helps us no end as well .

Now generic information
1) remove blower housing and remove kill wires from how ever many magnetos are there if it is not a fuel injected engine
Crank the engine
If it fires then you have a wiring problem in the mower
If it does not fire then you have an engine problem

And please try to use words that make sense
Crank = turn
Turn over means just that turning

So from your initial statement you have told us your starter motor is turning but your engine is not so either the engine is siezed or the flywheel is loose .
And some how I don't think that is your problem.
Sorry about that. Im 16 and run a small lawn business and I don’t know much about these motors. It’s a 2018 Kohler 7000 series KT740.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well that is a start. We need the engine's spec number too. or my my case the serial number which I can ran through Kohler's Website. Also as Bert asked we the mower's serial number which when plug into the Bad Boy tells us what model you have and what parts it uses.

As for running a small you will find there is a steep learning curve overall and you if like put in up to 12-16 hrs running the busness even I am only open 10 hrs. From actual doing the work to keeping your books and paying taxes among other things. I just send $1065 to my state for state and local sales taxes.

simondstafford

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well that is a start. We need the engine's spec number too. or my my case the serial number which I can ran through Kohler's Website. Also as Bert asked we the mower's serial number which when plug into the Bad Boy tells us what model you have and what parts it uses.

As for running a small you will find there is a steep learning curve overall and you if like put in up to 12-16 hrs running the busness even I am only open 10 hrs. From actual doing the work to keeping your books and paying taxes among other things. I just send $1065 to my state for state and local sales taxes.
Spec is kt470-3048
Serial is 5017915494

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Half way there. That gets us to the engine wiring but the mower's side wiring. We got to be able to see both sides on the wiring harnesses. Lots safeties involved that may or may not be causing the problem.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now we still need to work out if it is a mower problem or an engine problem
We do this by doing what I suggested in the first reply .
Did you understand what I posted ?
If not let us know so we can be more specific .

simondstafford

Forum Newbie
Threads
Half way there. That gets us to the engine wiring but the mower's side wiring. We got to be able to see both sides on the wiring harnesses. Lots safeties involved that may or may not be causing the problem.
serial number is bmz54kt4007201287

simondstafford

Forum Newbie
Threads
Now we still need to work out if it is a mower problem or an engine problem
We do this by doing what I suggested in the first reply .
Did you understand what I posted ?
If not let us know so we can be more specific .
serial number is bmz54kt400720128
hey just following up. I posted the serial number just waiting on response.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I wish I could help Bad Boy wiring diagrams are a joke to try to read. They intend them for the own techs only and I doubt many of them can read them too.

On most mower the seat tend to be the one that causes no spark but that is just a guess here.