Backhoe

BlueGrass

Threads
We just had some experience with a backhoe when we filled in our pool. Those are fun little machines but very loud and in the middle of filling in the pool the thing decided to die so we spent an hour fixing it. Not a fun job at all.

mamaA

Threads
My husband got to work with one a few months ago and he won't stop talking about it. :rolleyes: He helped a friend do some work and must have really enjoyed driving the thing!

rekees

Threads
Wish I had one for my tractor but the $6,000 price tag is a barrier.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Backhoe Mmmmmmmmmmm:smile:
nothing like hydraulic power, swinging dirt is FUN:wink:., Errr I mean work.. KennyV

bret

Threads
I used to play with my old man's as a kid, he always had one. He revoked my privilege when I swung the boom and nearly took out the back window of the truck I was filling.

VRman

Threads
My husband got to work with one a few months ago and he won't stop talking about it. :rolleyes: He helped a friend do some work and must have really enjoyed driving the thing!

Keep him away from the tractor dealers then....or his next toy will be expensive! :laughing:

Attachments

• IMG00459-20130806-1709.jpg
    IMG00459-20130806-1709.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 9

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

A quality 3 point attachment backhoe is about a $6000 purchase, however, you also need a compact utility tractor to attach it to, and at least a 20 hp engine. Diesel is better, because of the torque provided. I have a JD 4210 that will run a backhoe, and plenty of uses for one, but dividing the 6 grand price by the amount of use I would actually get from it, I decided to pass on the purchase. In my younger days I planted lots of trees, digging the holes by hand, and recently excavated a sump pit (dry well type outside) that was 2 cubic yards of shoveling. Would loved to have had a backhoe, but being retired and on a fixed income, it will remain a want rather than a need.