Back to cutting my lawn.

legotech7

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, although this is not a mower related question, but it pertains to my zero turn mower. I recently had lumbar back surgery and have had some recovery time ( 3 months ) . I have had to have some else to cut my grass. I enjoy doing my own lawn and would like to get back at it. Has any one here have similar issues with cutting your lawn with some back pain? My property is fairly level and the seat on my mower is very comfortable... Comment are welcome, any suggestions as well..

pacloockman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, although this is not a mower related question, but it pertains to my zero turn mower. I recently had lumbar back surgery and have had some recovery time ( 3 months ) . I have had to have some else to cut my grass. I enjoy doing my own lawn and would like to get back at it. Has any one here have similar issues with cutting your lawn with some back pain? My property is fairly level and the seat on my mower is very comfortable... Comment are welcome, any suggestions as well..
I've had 3 lumbar surgeries, the last was 6 years ago. Everyone is different so maybe your doctor would be the one to ask. Seven weeks after my last surgery I drove 600 miles to the mountains and did several day hikes, all with no issues. I have a Gravely zero turn and had their suspension seat installed, makes a world of difference going over bumps.

LeoNatriy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can totally relate to your situation. I had some back issues, too, and had to take a break from mowing. When I got back to it, I made sure to take it slow and not push myself too hard. Maybe start with shorter mowing sessions and see how it goes. Also, consider some back support if needed. However, the best option is planting creeping thyme, as it demands no mowing. I'm glad to hear you're getting back to what you enjoy, though!

a022mil

Threads
Any questions, give me a call, will give you my ideas, hate to post too much personal imfo. Bob at 419-474-1733.