B&S V-Twin carb recall?

dq72

Threads
Hi, I recently replaced the carb on my 23hp b&s intek. Had approx 260hrs on it at the time.I've also replaced the carbs on 4 other intek twins. All of them including my own had choke shafts very worn and the carb body ltself. The symptoms were increased rpm at idle and some times hard starting. Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues and if there could possibly be a recall? Thanks, David.

My_guy99

Threads
Just figured out my starting issue! I have a v twin 24hp BS, try cleaning out the carbs. I mean taking stuff appart to the intake and cleaning, change the fuel filter. Worked on mines an my fathers as well as a JD that a friend has!

My_guy99

Threads
Seems like a rash of bad gas or the ethanol is the cause! My money is on the ethanol, it breaks down to water to fast!

dq72

Threads
No doubt the gas is crappy. But mine and 2 of the others that I replaced have always burned non-ethanol gas. Now every intek that comes in the shop I check the choke shafts. I've thought about trying to contact Briggs see what they say.

My_guy99

Threads
Sounds like a plan, hey by the way! Do you buy this "sealed for life" concept on the transaxles

dq72

Threads
I personally do not. I would think the lubricant would need to be some kind of synthetic though and hopefully have some sort of filter or a fine mesh screen.

My_guy99

Threads
I gues the whole plan for those mowers is sealed till they die and come get another