B&S Prof. 724cc and "ReadyStart"

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
There's an 800 number on one of those tags. Call them and ask where to find the model number.

Sure looks grubby and rusty for no older than it is.

waltben

Threads
That's the number for Simplicity (owned by B&S, but not the maker of the engine). It's called dust and dirt & not rust. I just don't wash & wax it enough . .

Tried calling the number and can't get through. Will look at the valve covers,

waltben

Threads
OK, there are no numbers on the valve covers nor stickers nearby (unless on the bottom side of them?). Here are photos from all angles. By the by, the dust shows up strongly because I'm using flash. It IS dusty, but looks worse in these than in real life.DSCN0010.JPGDSCN0011.JPGDSCN0012.JPGDSCN0013.JPGDSCN0014.JPGDSCN0015.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0014.JPG
    DSCN0014.JPG
    829.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN0014.JPG
    DSCN0014.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 3

waltben

Threads
Here's the parts manual from B&S and it says nada about any model.

Attachments

• Simplicity Courier B&S Parts.pdf
    450.9 KB · Views: 3

waltben

Threads
On a whim, I used my phone to read the code on that one label, which led me to a B&S website AND said that the model number is: 44U777-0003-G1! Does anyone have an idea as to why they did it this way???? Anyway, that's the model number.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The model, type, and code numbers are stamped into the left valve cover. It is visible in two of your pictures, but can't read it. Didn't find any reference to the ready start in the corresponding service manual for your engine though.

AVB

Threads
44U777-0003-G1

Has thermostat choke system instead of a fully manually operated choke. Choke is still partially controlled by the control bracket. This set is reference on page 4/5 of the IPL along the control assembly and link on page 16/17.

BTW ILENGINE if you are a Briggs MST you should have access to the Power Portal which you could have easily found out the model number using the serial number. Also you won't find any thing on the Ready Start in the service because Briggs has failed to update their service manuals with this info. Otherwords the techs are let to figure this out ourselves.

AVB

Threads
waltben Most likely all you got to do is adjust the throttle cable at the control assembly. Put the throttle in the choke position. loosen the cable at the control assembly and either pull or push depending switch setup you have until the choke is fully closed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Gee . . . been a week and no responses. Don't tell me I've stumped everyone!

No I am not stumped
It has also been a week since I asked you to check the valve lash.
When you come back with the answer to that then I will post a reply

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
waltben Most likely all you got to do is adjust the throttle cable at the control assembly. Put the throttle in the choke position. loosen the cable at the control assembly and either pull or push depending switch setup you have until the choke is fully closed.

I agree. Looked at the owners manual for the engine and it states for starting below 32 degrees move the combination choke throttle control to the choke position. Cable needs adjusted so the choke will close.