B&S Prof. 724cc and "ReadyStart"

waltben

Threads
I've a one year old Simplicity Courier with this engine. When the weather's above 50 degrees it starts easily. Once below that it won't unless cranked for minutes at a time. Obviously the "ReadyStart" feature doesn't. I can't get any information on what to look at or adjust from either B&S or Simplicity other than "take it to a warranty center", and that's not an option. Other than replacing the whole engine with something else, what can I do? Any ideas?

waltben

Threads
Has done this since new. Purchased in Nov. last year, but only tried running it a few times before putting it away for the winter. Always had difficulties starting in cold weather. We're listing our home in Feb. so I've been trying to keep leaves & stuff cleaned up (have a Swisher lawn vac). I've started taking the air cleaner cover off and putting a squirt of fuel on the cleaner itself. After putting the cover back on it'll start within a second. I'm positive the ReadyStart ins not closing the choke correctly and am not interested in having to haul it off to a dealer, especially my closest one (I've very bad history with them!). This should be something simple to fix.

waltben

Threads
There isn't a "model number" on the engine tag. It has "Engine Family: HBSXS.7242VE" Manufactured in 2017.

waltben

Threads
Photos of tags, including the mower's.

Attachments

• Engine family.jpg
    Engine family.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Engine SN.jpg
    Engine SN.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Mower.jpg
    Mower.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 16

waltben

Threads
Gee . . . been a week and no responses. Don't tell me I've stumped everyone!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most likely the model number that we are waiting on may be located on the valve cover opposite the one with the fuel pump.