B&S Interchange between 14.5 HP and 15 HP?

Almost everything has swapped fine but the carb on the 15 hp was full of junk,cleaned it out but it lets fuel run through into the intake when I hook up the fuel line. As long as the carb from the 14.5 physically bolts on will it run alright?
 
As long as the carb from the 14.5 physically bolts on will it run alright?

It might, but might need to be re jetted. The 15 might be more hungry for air/fuel and have a bigger bore in the carb. It won't hurt to try it as long as you "know" the carb functions OK..
 
Thanks for the advice,I held the old gasket up to the carb and it appears identical. I'll see how it runs :smile:
 
Thanks for the advice....the engine seems to run really well,sounds good and has plenty of power. I didn't realize how sick the old motor was (how much power it had lost). After I run it a while longer I will pull the plug to make sure it's not running lean.
 
Back
Top