B&S Carburetor 808728 rebuild

tutomut3

Forum Newbie
Hello Everyone,
This is my situation. I have a 16hp B&S Vanguard V-twin engine, and I'm rebuilding the carb. I bought the complete overhaul kit, now my problem is figuring out if there's a specific way that the emulsion tube goes in? This is the setup with the two piece main jet and nozzle,( emulsion tube )I would hate to put it in wrong, then install the jet, put the whole thing together, back on the engine only to have to do it again. There are four sets of holes in the tube. Two sets toward the top, the other two the bottom. There is one air passage one the body of the carb, should a top hole on the tube be lined up with this. If so, how the heck do you do that? Any help would be great.
thanks in advance!
 
Sometimes a weird comment from me quickly draws a useful answer from the knowledgeable. Weber side draft carbs had emulsion tubes with lots of holes. It didn't matter how they were inserted. Realize this comment may be of little help in itself.:thumbsup:
 
Sometimes a weird comment from me quickly draws a useful answer from the knowledgeable. Weber side draft carbs had emulsion tubes with lots of holes. It didn't matter how they were inserted. Realize this comment may be of little help in itself.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply. At this point any info is helpful. Honestly I don't see how it would be aligned. All the holes are so small. I just want to be sure.
 
Last edited:
https://www.google.com/search?sourc...q=b&s part 842890&aqs=chrome..69i57.15671j1j8Kit 807962 will not work, you need overhaul kit with B&S part # 842890, shop for best price & delivery. Page 16 in parts manual under item 121, that's where your code number is needed. You will need a can of carburetor cleaner & a small piece of wire from trash bag tie minus paper or loaf of bread tie without paper to pass through all holes in carburetor, if you get wire long enough try to remove carbon deposits from holes. If you take your time & are patient you'll do a good job. Make sure you rebuild carburetor on a flat clean work surface.
 
Back
Top