B&S CARB PROBLEMS

shillnav

Active Member
MODEL 126302
0386 E1
040404 fd

Engine would fire over if you spray carb cleaner in the manifold, and then die... Got a carb kit installed after a good cleaning. Same thing.......... Took carb apart again to double check orifices, all clean......... I noticed 2 recesses that are empty, l started thinking maybe someone had removed the welch plugs and not replaced them...... The kit came with 1 welch plug. Kit number 792006.

I just spoke with the owner (it's on a MTD tiller) and he says no one has ever worked on it, it is the original carb......


Any ideas??

Thank you very much.
 
I got it.............. Had gone thru 2 ultrasonic cleanings and blown with air........... When probing the bowl nut with a wire I hit the blockage.
 
When I started reading your post, my first thought was you missed the bowl nut jet. glad you got is going.
 
Thanks.......... I'd checked the passage going across the nut, had failed to check the one going down from the top......... That's what happens when you get in too big a hurry and try to rush things............

Duh...........................
 
Back
Top