B&S Carb 495652

d.j.2000WJ

Forum Newbie
Hello All,

New to the forum. I acquired a 5hp B&S 133402-0011-01 that does not have a carb. I would like to get it running and put it to work, but it seems the carb (part # 495652) is discontinued and doesn't exist anywhere on the web. does anyone know..

a. someplace i could find a new or used one?

b. is there another carb that would work on that particular engine? I dont mind buying a new manifold as well if needed.

Thanks!
 
D J what did the engine come off of ??? There is a junk yard 10 miles from me ...... That body style carb is the same as most 5 to 7 hp mower engines...........

You might could put a carb from a mower and the primer air box filter on that engine if it has room for it, and do away with the choke linkage..........

A few pics of the engine near the intake would help a lot Mon Ami ~!~!

Let us know ~!~!
 
Go to the Brigs web site and download the parts book for your engine.
Usually there were several carbs fitted to the same engine.
 
Hey All,

Thanks for the advice. I took the engine with me to a small engine bone yard near me and spend a morning doing trial and error. I finally found one that fits and keeps the engine running. I am still on the lookout for the carb that is stock for this engine, but for now I am satisfied with the result.
 
Hey All,

Thanks for the advice. I took the engine with me to a small engine bone yard near me and spend a morning doing trial and error. I finally found one that fits and keeps the engine running. I am still on the lookout for the carb that is stock for this engine, but for now I am satisfied with the result.

I am in the exact same mess. Can you tell me which carb you found that worked?
 
Hi, happened across this thread and will toss in my two cents.
While looking for the same Briggs carb found #215434 aftermarket on Amazon with #495652 listed as a match.
Hope this helps in the future
 
Back
Top