B&S 3 HP Engine Carb Help - Olds Aerotech Go-Kart

Aerotech

Forum Newbie
Hi, all. I'm in the process of restoring a 1987 Aerotech go-kart that is equipped with a 3hp Briggs engine. Unfortunately, when the kart was displayed at a museum nobody thought to drain the gas or prep the engine. From my research, it looks like the carb is part #397939 and is discontinued. I also couldn't find the rebuild kit part number as I would consider just rebuilding it if the right pieces were available. Thanks for any assistance on how best to proceed!
 
Use cereal boxes for paper gaskets if not available. Spray on some high tach gasket sealer for a 1-2 punch. They also make gasket material available at your auto parts store. This will cover some gaskets you need.

Not talking about RTV silicone either, don't use it.

1690897472702.png
 
Last edited:
Engine numbers are located on the shroud by the spark plug. Rebuild kit for the carb, as well as carb to tank gasket, should be available.
 
Back
Top