B & S 3.5

beatsal

Threads
My 3.5 hp lawnmower has a link which controls the inlet opening to the carb. This link as a spring link to the speed feedback and the throttle lever feedback but there is no connection to the throttle. See the pic attached. Not sure how to attach the link so as to be able to control the throttle.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Beat
I assume you have a sprint engine but because I don't know it is hard to give you proper detailed instructions
There is also quite a few different ways they were set up
So we need the model, code & serial numbers which are stamped into the blower housing directly above the spark plug

beatsal

Threads
Looks like the plate with the code/serial is missing. All it says is 3.5 hp classic

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Numbers are either stamped into the shroud above the spark plug or on metal shield over muffler.

beatsal

Threads
Got it, stamped above SP as you said:
Model 95902
Type 3107 01
Code 95051705

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
My 3.5 hp lawnmower has a link which controls the inlet opening to the carb. This link as a spring link to the speed feedback and the throttle lever feedback but there is no connection to the throttle. See the pic attached. Not sure how to attach the link so as to be able to control the throttle.
Shrink the pic and repost here. Google how to shrink if you have to.

beatsal

Threads
Did all that, starts OK. Please answer my orig question i.e. what attached to the link I mentioned earlier.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The wire goes from the governor ( white plastic tab ) to the carburettor ( black plastic triangle )
The spring goes from the throttle control to the loop in the wire as per figure 52 in the PDF linked below

Attachments

• Single Cylinder L-Head BRIGGS & STRATTON.pdf
    96.4 KB · Views: 6