b&s 19hp problems

dwelder

Member
I have a craftsman mower with a turbo cooled 19hp brings and stratton engine and last week I started it up and it didn't sound right I thought it was a little cold so I let it run and it still didn't run right so I just went ahead and tried to drive it out of the shed and soon as I disengaged the drive clutch the engine died. I tried again and it did the same. So I cleaned the carb , put new spark plugs in it , and cleaned the magneto and coil and now it drives and mows but it still don't run right it spits and sputters. NEED HELP.
 
sounds like you may be getting intermittent fire on one cylinder causing the sputtering. may be a compression problem or a ignition problem.
 
sounds like you may be getting intermittent fire on one cylinder causing the sputtering. may be a compression problem or a ignition problem.
I can't see it being a compression problem because you cant hardly turn the flywheel with your hands
 
I can't see it being a compression problem because you cant hardly turn the flywheel with your hands

Yes it could be... Take a compression reading and compair the two readings, it doesn't really matter so much about the number of psi but what the difference between the two cylinders is.
Could be a bad intake gasket too or a carb problem.
 
Back
Top