B&S 11hp engine question

handirifle

Threads
Well it's done and ready to take back to the owner. here's some pics for a history.

First is a before shot

wholehauler_zpsf378f256.jpg

Then A shot of it finished, with everything open

Allopen_zps7465fb03.jpg

All closed up, ready to ride.

Readytoroll_zps590de1e7.jpg

Front view

Frontview_zpsebe63778.jpg

Rear view (I saved the one good original sticker)

Rearview_zps3b9ce902.jpg

The engine runs fair, smokes a little, and the carb is worn a bit cause it's near impossible to keep it adjusted.

Anyway I am done with it. Took it from a non running pile of rust, and cleaned, lubed, and painted it, and went over the engine, drive train and electrical. NONE of the electrical worked when I got it. Now the high and low beams work, tail light and brake light works. It now has a hydraulic parking brake.

Nearly all bolts removed were replaced with new ones, and all electrical wires were encased in some sort of wire loom. The ONLY part of the original brakes (which couldn't even come close to working before) that remains, is a 45 deg brass fitting that's on the master cylinder.

I also built a steel side panel from some expanded metal I had left over from my trailer build. I repositioned the battery and modified the battery holding base for leg clearance. I also rerouted the fuel line, and repositioned the shut off valve. Originally, there was no cover or guard on the torque converter side of the engine bay (the expanded metal panel) and the fuel shut off was just above the torque converter. Not a smart location, especially of someone decided to shut off the fuel BEFORE shutting off the engine.

I couldn't locate a suitable headlight switch that was ONLY for headlights, so I made one from 1 1/4" square steel tubing and some plastic end caps, and a 3 position rocker switch I had. It has high/off/low beam positions. You can see it on the right handlebar just beside the throttle grip.

The owner had the seats recovered, while I did the rest of the work. She does NOT yet know of ANY of the cleanup/paint work I have done. That will be a surprise!

All told I have probably somewhere between 100 and 200 hr of labor in this.

It's been fun!

Attachments

• Readytoroll_zps590de1e7.jpg
    Readytoroll_zps590de1e7.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 2