b&g 20hp acting up

txzrider

Well-Known Member
model 33m677 type 0123 g1 code 090416zd
The mower was spitting out oil out of the fuel pump. then the next time I started it, it ran for a min and then died... this was not normal and so I restarted it several more times, each time it stopped after a short time, oil level was good, and I had already added a fuel shutoff valve.

any ideas?
 
I will remove the valve cover asap... and yes I smelled the oil, I had previously had an issue with it being overfull due to gas in the oil, I changed it and added a cutoff valve.
 
Well I have back to what I believe is the real issue ... it spits oil or an oil like substance out the fuel pump. In any case I got it running and mowed ... it died once started right back up and ran fine. oil level is still good. This time I turned off the fuel and let it run dry. This weekend I cam going to clean it up and change the oil and then keep much closer tabs on if it is using oil or not. However I am afraid Ric may be right because I have never had a mower spit oil out the fuel pump like this... I did not have car engine with low compression(broken ring) spit out oil from the ecv valve. So in any case something is wrong.
 
Back
Top