ATV tires on a zero turn mower?

Dave A.

Member
Hello!

I was curious if anyone has ever used tires designed for an ATV on his zero turn mower.

I have a Dixie Chopper XW2000, and the rear tires are size 22x11-8.

I need to replace one of the tires and have an ATV tire of the same size, a four-ply Excel Sahara Classic.

I do notice that the max load rating imprinted on the ATV tire is 340 lbs., and I believe that some replacement tires for ZTRs from manufacturers such as Carlisle have higher max load ratings than that.

I think that these Excel ATV tires are widely used on golf carts, which, I believe, are fairly heavy.

What is the main difference in the construction between ATV and mower tires, and are they interchangeable?

Thanks for any input.
 
I use ATV tires on everything.
On the ATV tires the weight rating is lower because that's what are government wants.

I find the ATV tires last longer even running 10 psi
 
Thank you very much for your prompt replies.

I couldn't see much difference between the original tires and the ATV tire, but just thought I'd check first.

Much appreciated!

:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top