Ariens Edge 42 Brand new and not able to START

Philrz28

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need some advice and answers. Just brought home a discounted Edge 42 from Lowe's because it was missing the 90 and fuel tube from the factory. Got it in the garage and added a longer fuel line into the fuel tank to try to take a test run while waiting on parts. Hopped on, did all the right dances, turned the key...crickets. The only time I hear anything is if I pull the PTO up and turn the key and you can hear something engage. I suspected the battery and tried to charge but my digital charger ran for a bit then threw up the code for internal battery damage. Not convinced, I took battery to Advanced Auto and it checked out good with over 200 CCA. Took fuel tank out to check solenoid connections and 30 amp fuse. Put it all back together and still...crickets. What's going on here? Any way to bypass all the safety switches to just see if engine will fire?? Should I just take this thing back and lose the discount savings??

Last edited:

Philrz28

Forum Newbie
Threads
Never mind folks! I found the culprit...a factory fubar that doesn't have the flat steel, that is welded to the brake rod going under the seat, engaging the safety switch. I'll have to see if I can make an adjustment to rod or switch. If not I guess I'll be adding another piece to the flat steel to make up the difference. ;)