Ariens 924 vs 824

Timmie

Threads
Hey, springs comin?
I just got home from my son-in-laws house helping with the firewood. I used his newer Ariens 824 and I can,t believe the difference of how far his thros the sno compared to my '96 Ariens 924.
His is about 5 yrs old so I'm finding the design has changed quite a bit since '96. I have replaced the motor on mine (now 11 HP) a few years ago as well as the chute to the more stretched design. What I found on the parts list is the impellers as well as the pulley for the auger are changed as well as who knows what.
Has anyone done any alteration on these units to get the old timers throwing farther short of buying a newer unit. I am thinking of doing some sort of modification this summer.
Thanks and lets hope for an early spring!

timmie

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey, springs comin?
I just got home from my son-in-laws house helping with the firewood. I used his newer Ariens 824 and I can,t believe the difference of how far his thros the sno compared to my '96 Ariens 924.
His is about 5 yrs old so I'm finding the design has changed quite a bit since '96. I have replaced the motor on mine (now 11 HP) a few years ago as well as the chute to the more stretched design. What I found on the parts list is the impellers as well as the pulley for the auger are changed as well as who knows what.
Has anyone done any alteration on these units to get the old timers throwing farther short of buying a newer unit. I am thinking of doing some sort of modification this summer.
Thanks and lets hope for an early spring!

timmie

I have an older ariens sno thro and I wouldn't want to do any mods. On your machine the engineers built it that way for a reason. I think maintaining it and being ok with it is what probably needs to happen. If your unhappy with it might want to consider a new model .