Ariens 414cc

This morning I started up the Ariens. It ran for about 15-20 mins then started to act up. I loosen the gas cap and it started to run smoothly again. So to make sure I tighten the cap and it ran for about 3-4 mins then it acted up again. So I loosen the cap and it ran smoothly. I will see about getting a new cap. I know when I'm snowblowing on a windy day the gas cap etc gets covered with snow. I try to keep it clean but maybe there is a little piece of ice in the cap I don't see. Well anyway I will try to get a new one.
Thanks you so much...

You definetly need a new gas cap. It is not venting properly.
 
That cap should be under warranty, so don't let them talk you into paying for it.

Nope no charge..should be getting the new one soon..Now I wonder is this going to be an ongoing problem..This is the first season for this machine..I'm I going to have to get a new one every year...I guess we will see...
 
take the old gas cap and get a sewing needle. hold the needle with some vice grips and heat the needle up then poke a hole through the cap, vented. seeing that the new cap is under warranty ariens will send you another new one if it doesn't vent correctly
 
Back
Top