Ariens 1648 Belt question

Skyfall

Forum Newbie
I recently got a Ariens 1648 915002 Zero turn mower used and has a belt that is in horrible shape. I have downloaded and read the user and Parts manual and i cannot find the part number to the belt i need. Can find all the others but the one i need. my owners manual calls it a Transaxle belt, It connects to the 2 transaxle fans and the back drive pully ( i believe) it is 17" long used so 16-16.5" new? i cannot find it anywhere online.. its like the belt doesnt exist.. can anyone help with a part number or where to buy it?
I will attach a picture of it from my owners manual. its Number 3 on diagram View attachment 29368

If in the wrong section sorry
 
Tried all those, That belt is a 35" belt.. I am needing a 16-16.5"..
person at tractor supply said it was an old model and they dont make parts for this anymore and i needed to just try and get a generic one that will fit
 
I recently got a Ariens 1648 915002 Zero turn mower used and has a belt that is in horrible shape. I have downloaded and read the user and Parts manual and i cannot find the part number to the belt i need. Can find all the others but the one i need. my owners manual calls it a Transaxle belt, It connects to the 2 transaxle fans and the back drive pully ( i believe) it is 17" long used so 16-16.5" new? i cannot find it anywhere online.. its like the belt doesnt exist.. can anyone help with a part number or where to buy it?
I will attach a picture of it from my owners manual. its Number 3 on diagram View attachment 29368

If in the wrong section sorry

If you do a Google search....
Ariens Jackshaft drive belt 07230800
You will come up with options.
There was a picture in the middle...is that the belt?
That number belt is available for about $30 in several of those links...

I got the part number at partstree.com for the 915002 model...shows parts but it is not available there.
 
Stupid question, but doesn't that belt drive both hydros? I can't see how a belt that short will be able to drive both, unless you need two of them.
 
There is a toll free phone number on the first web page Mark posted.
Ring Ariens, they are a family company and always happy to help.

The other thing you need to know is belts do not stretch so if your old one was 17" the new one will be 17".
Belts wear thin on the sides where they drive on the pulleys and because they are a V shape they sit deeper into the groove as they get thinner which makes them go slack.
Pollyester chord belts actually shrink
Kevlar chord belts don't
 
Thanks all for the information, It was my knowledge that as the belt got older it stretched, knowing it doesnt helps aswell..
on this mower it wraps around both fans which almost touch then does the drive which another belt goes from there as well to the front of the mower, only the one belt is worn.
 
The 2 fans sit on top of the hydro units which drive the mower thus it will be called the transmission belt or drive belt
The one that goes to the blades is the deck belt and should be a wider belt.
17" is very short.
According to the parts breakdowns I have access to it is a 3L section raw edge belt but there is no length Ariens part No 07230700
it is not listed in any of my aftermarket parts books but then it is a 20 year old mower.
 
I recently got a Ariens 1648 915002 Zero turn mower used and has a belt that is in horrible shape. I have downloaded and read the user and Parts manual and i cannot find the part number to the belt i need. Can find all the others but the one i need. my owners manual calls it a Transaxle belt, It connects to the 2 transaxle fans and the back drive pully ( i believe) it is 17" long used so 16-16.5" new? i cannot find it anywhere online.. its like the belt doesnt exist.. can anyone help with a part number or where to buy it?
I will attach a picture of it from my owners manual. its Number 3 on diagram View attachment 29368

If in the wrong section sorry

If that belt goes around three 5" pulleys it can not be 17" long.
 
Back
Top