Are These Two Hondas Worth Fixing to Resell?

The HRS21 and HR21 are two completely different animals, and the bagging systems, among a lot of other features, are completely different. I believe the S in HRS actually stood for side discharge as it actually discharged the grass out the side of the deck, not the back like the HR21 did. There was a discharge chute, bagging attachment and a cover to make the HRS21 a mulcher as well. The one in that earlier picture behind the HR214 is an HR21.

Here's a couple of pictures with bags attached that will show the difference.

HR21


View attachment 18140

HRS21

View attachment 18139

Mine is the HR21.
 
Just wondering if these 2 Honda pushmowers are worth fixing to resell. Both are self propelled. Both are missing the rear baggers and need carbs. So if I cant find used baggers for them then I'll have to get the side discharge chutes for them. So right now looking at $75 each in parts plus whatever they need in parts. Both will run when spraying carb cleaner in the carb. One is a HR214 and the other is HR21

If you can get them cheap enough and the carbs can be saved with only a cleaning, you might make a little money.

If you have to replace the carbs along with air filters and such, I don't see a profit there. They would be worth saving either way, even if only for personal enjoyment.
 
If you can get them cheap enough and the carbs can be saved with only a cleaning, you might make a little money. If you have to replace the carbs along with air filters and such, I don't see a profit there. They would be worth saving either way, even if only for personal enjoyment.

I agree. With about anything with an engine you will find it to be a money pit if not approached correctly at the time of purchase. I believe you will be better off keeping them for you own enjoyment and purpose.
 
Back
Top