Are people getting stupider?

RP54

Threads
I found these neat mats on Amazon that were designed for the trunk of a car; couldn't tell if they are made of rubber or plastic. They are designed to protect the trunk of a car when carrying plants that get brought home (those pots ALWAYS manage to get soil and water shaken out of them from those plants that aren't house broken), and spills, etc.

I thought maybe they would work under my gas cans in the shed, and the 2' x 3' (60 x 90 cm) size would be great on a work bench when I disassemble a mower engine... if a little gas or oil leaked it would be contained since this has 1 1/2" (3.5 - 4 cm) sides. However, not knowing what the material is, I did not know if they would stand up to gas.

So for the first time ever I made the HUGE mistake of asking the "community" on Amazon if these withstand gasoline (petrol for those who use the metric system :wink: ). What a mistake!!! Answers were: They use it under the kitty's litter box; put their kids snow boots in them; never owned one; don't know; and my favorite, have an apple tree in the back yard... How do people think their "answers" help? Did I maybe fail to get the memo that the new IQ level for "genius" is now single digits? I worry these folks vote... I have nightmares they've been elected.

I removed the question before others had opportunity to weigh in (at my age I still have a tiny bit of sense to correct my mistakes). After my blood pressure dropped below 4 digits I managed to get hold of the manufacturer who assured me it would indeed be fine with gas & oil.

Lesson learned.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I found these neat mats on Amazon that were designed for the trunk of a car; couldn't tell if they are made of rubber or plastic. They are designed to protect the trunk of a car when carrying plants that get brought home (those pots ALWAYS manage to get soil and water shaken out of them from those plants that aren't house broken), and spills, etc.

I thought maybe they would work under my gas cans in the shed, and the 2' x 3' (60 x 90 cm) size would be great on a work bench when I disassemble a mower engine... if a little gas or oil leaked it would be contained since this has 1 1/2" (3.5 - 4 cm) sides. However, not knowing what the material is, I did not know if they would stand up to gas.

So for the first time ever I made the HUGE mistake of asking the "community" on Amazon if these withstand gasoline (petrol for those who use the metric system :wink: ). What a mistake!!! Answers were: They use it under the kitty's litter box; put their kids snow boots in them; never owned one; don't know; and my favorite, have an apple tree in the back yard... How do people think their "answers" help? Did I maybe fail to get the memo that the new IQ level for "genius" is now single digits? I worry these folks vote... I have nightmares they've been elected.

I removed the question before others had opportunity to weigh in (at my age I still have a tiny bit of sense to correct my mistakes). After my blood pressure dropped below 4 digits I managed to get hold of the manufacturer who assured me it would indeed be fine with gas & oil.

Lesson learned.
And they are driving cars, doing pot and making signs like in your avatar.lol

RP54

Threads
And they are driving cars, doing pot and making signs like in your avatar.lol

Scary, huh?
Hope they aren't the ones dispensing our meds when we have to move into a nursing home.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I think people lose a IQ point every time a new touchscreen device comes out

Lawn Addict
Threads
Scrub- same here man.:laughing:

RP54

Threads
Oh no! another one on Amazon...
I was looking at a 3/8" drive torque wrench. One of the questions there: "Can you put Linux on it?" (for anyone not familiar with Linux, it is an operating system - similar to Windows). Wonder if the sockets have to be reprogrammed too.

I may have to go back to shopping at Walmart if this keeps up.
If it comes to that, I'm wearing suspenders... they'll keeping my pajama bottoms up! Can't afford to look out of place, and I don't want to have a wardrobe malfunction at the checkout stand.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I heard the sockets work best with DeWalt drivers.
And The torque wrench needs to be update often.:tongue:

Were you looking at a Tekton?