Blades Are gator blades ok to use on older lawnboys?

Boss

Forum Newbie
Threads
I posted a few days ago asking about gator blades for lawnboys. I found them online from several vendors. But now my question is: are gator blades okay for older lawnboys? I have three LB's. One is the Silver Series with mulching blade and fan, one is a 7084 Bricktop, and the other is an 8238 ae. Would a gator blade work on the 7084 and the 8238ae? Are there any problems with using gators on these mowers? One more question? Would the mulching adapter and fan, like I have on the Silver Series, work on the 7084 and the 8238 ae?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary

robinb66

Threads
don't seewhy you couldn't as long as the bolt hole will fit on the shaft. Just got through restoring a 7084 sweeet mowers can ya post a pic of yours?
:thumbsup::wink::cool::licking:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I posted a few days ago asking about gator blades for lawnboys. I found them online from several vendors. But now my question is: are gator blades okay for older lawnboys? I have three LB's. One is the Silver Series with mulching blade and fan, one is a 7084 Bricktop, and the other is an 8238 ae. Would a gator blade work on the 7084 and the 8238ae? Are there any problems with using gators on these mowers? One more question? Would the mulching adapter and fan, like I have on the Silver Series, work on the 7084 and the 8238 ae?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary

I'm not sure if Gator Blades would work on your Lawnboy. I think it would depend on what your Blade Tip Speed is, you really need to have 17000bts to make those thing work the way there designed to work. I mean they will probably cut but mulching mite be a problem. You may spend more time unplugging the mower than what there worth.

Boss

Forum Newbie
Threads
don't seewhy you couldn't as long as the bolt hole will fit on the shaft. Just got through restoring a 7084 sweeet mowers can ya post a pic of yours?
:thumbsup::wink::cool::licking:

I'll be able to post pictures a little later. The mower is at a friend's house.

Thanks for the reply.