Anybody use an SUV?

smitts961

Threads
Wondering if anybody else uses an SUV to pull their lawn trailer? I would ideally use a truck, but a Jeep Grand Cherokee is what I have for the time being. It works fine, but would like to have a truck just to toss stuff in the bed.

ericds

Threads
I have seen it but it looks tacky. But if it works than that's what's important I guess.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wondering if anybody else uses an SUV to pull their lawn trailer? I would ideally use a truck, but a Jeep Grand Cherokee is what I have for the time being. It works fine, but would like to have a truck just to toss stuff in the bed.

I use a mercury mountaineer and a dodge ram truck.
I know a guy that pulls his trailer with a Yukon.

There is no rule that's says you need a pickup but there are guys that have the big landscape trucks that would say pulling a trailer at all is tacky.

Man just use what you have. If no one likes it then to bad for them.
Your out to make money not show off

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have seen it but it looks tacky. But if it works than that's what's important I guess.

Why does it look tacky?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Threads

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you have someone to impress? Get a new 50,000 dollar + pickup and really show off.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use a 2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins 6 spd standard shift. We pull a 16' cargo trailer with our equipment in it. Our mowers weigh around 2700#'s not including everyone else. At times I wish I had an SUV that had the towing capacity to haul everything.

When we started cutting grass I already had the truck and it was paid for wthi less than 100k miles on it. Therefore I kept it and use it.

I think using what you have makes more sense than spending money you might not have to impress somebody that really would not matter to start with......

fatboy

Threads
I have an 02 Chevy Avalanche its not an suv but it gets the job done I have had several people tell me they never saw anyone use these like a truck I just chuckle.