Anybody on LMF recognize or know anything about this zero turn?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Anybody on LMF recognize or know anything about this zero turn?
It's a Dixon, think about a 2000 model. Is there anyone here on LMF who can advise me about this mower or have any idea how to adjust the drive system? It is reluctant to turn left, although right turns are easily made. Thanks for any advice!!

Attachments

• 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 27

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dixon 4423, That is an okay residential, light weight Dixon...
It uses a cone drive system... easy to adjust & set up IF the cones are not worn out...
they will eventually not drive and when one side goes out you should replace both sides... Not very expensive and not too challenging, a short afternoon project...
:smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dixon 4423, That is an okay residential, light weight Dixon...
It uses a cone drive system... easy to adjust & set up IF the cones are not worn out...
they will eventually not drive and when one side goes out you should replace both sides... Not very expensive and not too challenging, a short afternoon project...
:smile:KennyV

Thanks....my cop neighbor just purchased the mower and he is not very mechanical, I was asking about the system here to help him decide whether to have it done or he will tackle with my help. He is a fair motorcycle/car mechanic but knows little about mowers. When I looked at his machine's drive sysytem I had never seen anything like it before...thanks again.

brodave

Threads
It's a Dixon, think about a 2000 model. Is there anyone here on LMF who can advise me about this mower or have any idea how to adjust the drive system? It is reluctant to turn left, although right turns are easily made. Thanks for any advice!!

I'm kinda late, but I have DVD,s on transaxles that I'll send you. Send your address on private message. LORD bless-brodave