Anybody know tap size for main nozzle on Walbro carb?

coinman66

Threads
  • / Anybody know tap size for main nozzle on Walbro carb?
I think I can salvage this carb. Boogered up threads on main nozzle in my Walbro 4993 carb. Briggs part # on carb is 799727. Just wanting to know tap size where brass emulsion tube goes.
THANKS!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can you measure the diameter of the threaded portion of the tube with a micrometer?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
if you own a tap and die set run the nozzle through a die first just to get the size. don't be surprised if its a odd size.

coinman66

Threads
if you own a tap and die set run the nozzle through a die first just to get the size. don't be surprised if its a odd size.

Don't own a tap and die set.

coinman66

Threads
Wonder if I could contact Walbro techs and they could tell me?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very hard to work without tools. Maybe bring the nozzle to a repair shop and they will check it out for you. I can't see them charging you very much or anything to run their tap for you. You can buy a cheap tap and die set from HF for around 10 dollars. They work fine for a home shop. get both sets SAE and metric

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't remember the size but it is an odd size not available in any tap and die set. Briggs has their own carb tap set for cleaning those threads, but I am not even sure it will fit the newer walbro carbs, because the set was originally used for the old briggs carbs used one their engines similar to the 8 horse side shaft, and the carb used on the vertical snapper rear engine mowers.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't remember the size but it is an odd size not available in any tap and die set. Briggs has their own carb tap set for cleaning those threads, but I am not even sure it will fit the newer walbro carbs, because the set was originally used for the old briggs carbs used one their engines similar to the 8 horse side shaft, and the carb used on the vertical snapper rear engine mowers.

Seeing its something I have never had a need for I never gave it any thought. I know in my own mine I was thinking odd sizes but didn't know for sure. Sure sounds like new carburetor time to me.

coinman66

Threads
Seeing its something I have never had a need for I never gave it any thought. I know in my own mine I was thinking odd sizes but didn't know for sure. Sure sounds like new carburetor time to me.

Nope gonna, gonna try and tap it and fix it. I won't give up without a fight!