Anybody else busy?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Been swamped for weeks now. Worse than the last couple years and stens taking a week to get parts to me plus half their catalog backordered. Arrrrrrgh.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes I am covered with work too. Vendors are bottle necking orders. I manage to get three machines out today. Now if the weather holds then I might get halfway done with the current work load in a couple weeks.

I haven't ordered from Stens this year yet but FedEx deliveries are basically untraceable as bad USPS. I been ordering from Rotary for most of the aftermarket parts I used so far this year and they have been coming the next day. My main problem vendor is Gardner with the unusable website. 5 months and counting now. I just lost two Kohler v twin sales because of Gardner. I probably lost both those customers too.

After the latest screw up by Gardner I emailed my sales rep and told her I not placing any more orders until the website is fixed. It going to cost me business but I just can't keep fighting trying to get the parts.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Busy here also, but seems different. Not the normal simple repairs that take 30 to an hour to repair, and complete several a day. More of the less pieces but the stuff where 1-2 pieces is an all day project.

Currently have a Honda ATV that is blowing black smoke after warmup. A Troybilt tiller that needs carb work. A Craftsman rider with Kohler 25 with blown head gasket symptoms. A JD z-turn were the right spindle mounting bolts cracks through the deck shell. Will require a bunch of fabri-cobbling since a new shell is $1K, Currently waiting on the $5K new engine for the SxS that was destroyed due to low oil.

And have a CC waiting on tuneup and valve cover oil leak repair and another with electric clutch issues that I have to go pickup when i have room in the shop.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad to see it is not just me. Guy dropped off a "crack pot" yesterday. Hot tar trailer for sealing cracks in asphalt. First time for one of those.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had someone doxxing me, so I shut my business FB page down. So it's been slow.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Busy here also, but seems different. Not the normal simple repairs that take 30 to an hour to repair, and complete several a day. More of the less pieces but the stuff where 1-2 pieces is an all day project.

Currently have a Honda ATV that is blowing black smoke after warmup. A Troybilt tiller that needs carb work. A Craftsman rider with Kohler 25 with blown head gasket symptoms. A JD z-turn were the right spindle mounting bolts cracks through the deck shell. Will require a bunch of fabri-cobbling since a new shell is $1K, Currently waiting on the $5K new engine for the SxS that was destroyed due to low oil.

And have a CC waiting on tuneup and valve cover oil leak repair and another with electric clutch issues that I have to go pickup when i have room in the shop.
Well the ATV had the main jet fall out of the carb so that was an easy fix. The Troybilt carb work went fine and was returned to the customer. The Kohler 25 with the blown head gasket has had the gaskets replaced but is running rich and dumping fuel into the oil, so doing a carb repair on it. Have the $5K engine for the SxS but waiting on gaskets since the long block didn't come with them. JD deck shell turned out great but need an idler pulley since discovering that it is causing a deck vibration. Valve cover leak was fixed, still need to go get the one with the PTO issue and can now add one that I have to go get due to a bend blade from hitting roots in the yard. Have another Craftsman Z turn with the Courage twin that came in as a non running and the hydro's won't free wheel. Started out with a bad starter solenoid, which lead to oil fouled plugs, and after getting it running it also is blowing black smoke like the choke is on, but most likely the same issue as the Kohler 25 with leaking fuel into the engine while running.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well the ATV had the main jet fall out of the carb so that was an easy fix. The Troybilt carb work went fine and was returned to the customer. The Kohler 25 with the blown head gasket has had the gaskets replaced but is running rich and dumping fuel into the oil, so doing a carb repair on it. Have the $5K engine for the SxS but waiting on gaskets since the long block didn't come with them. JD deck shell turned out great but need an idler pulley since discovering that it is causing a deck vibration. Valve cover leak was fixed, still need to go get the one with the PTO issue and can now add one that I have to go get due to a bend blade from hitting roots in the yard. Have another Craftsman Z turn with the Courage twin that came in as a non running and the hydro's won't free wheel. Started out with a bad starter solenoid, which lead to oil fouled plugs, and after getting it running it also is blowing black smoke like the choke is on, but most likely the same issue as the Kohler 25 with leaking fuel into the engine while running.

Well all that must've taking you all day long. I bet you're tired.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Should have all that done before lunch. 😁