Any ideas on 29 hp Vanguard big block starting problems???

It's December and if Indiana is anything like PA, you're not mowing now so it would be the perfect time to let the dealer take a look at it and fix it....
 
intake might be warped had one this summer i cleaned carb ran dropped it off next day no start took it back flushed fuel sys cleaned carb again ran took it back 3 days later no start changed gas cap no start took carb apart and took it off the intake manifold it was warped changed works great now
 
intake might be warped had one this summer i cleaned carb ran dropped it off next day no start took it back flushed fuel sys cleaned carb again ran took it back 3 days later no start changed gas cap no start took carb apart and took it off the intake manifold it was warped changed works great now



Fish---Your way off base. I explained a problem I had, my thoughts on what the problem might be, and then asked for anyone who has had similair problems to chime in with some of thier thoughts......like briggs just did along with a few others. I'm not trying to dick anyone around but think what you want.
I went back out tonight and choked it and hit the key and it started right up. I think I might look into an inline check valve...sounds like a good idea.
 
So your not going to take it to the shop to get it fixed?

His mower and money, so what in the world different does it make. I know I can be the same way because it can be just a hassle to go back to the dealer for warranty work when its just easier to fix it yourself which I have done before. The only different with me would be that I would of just fixed it and said nothing.
 
His mower and money, so what in the world different does it make. I know I can be the same way because it can be just a hassle to go back to the dealer for warranty work when its just easier to fix it yourself which I have done before. The only different with me would be that I would of just fixed it and said nothing.

But the difference is you know what you are doing.

I don't care what he does with it I was just curious to what he is going to do.
 
His mower and money, so what in the world different does it make. I know I can be the same way because it can be just a hassle to go back to the dealer for warranty work when its just easier to fix it yourself which I have done before. The only different with me would be that I would of just fixed it and said nothing.



I guess I didn't come out and say it like this but this sums it up. I am roughly an hour from the dealer. I did not start this thread to have people tell me its under warranty.........I'm fully aware of this. If the motor was blown.....understandable. Any other serious issue......understandable. I got the motor started. Pump priming has to be the issue. I was looking for nothing more than any info anyone had to offer on a similiar problem. Like stated by another member.....I will take care of the issue next time and leave it at that. Thanks to all who have gave an answer to the original question.
 
Drop by any mower shop and get a plastic inline fuel shutoff, and install it before the pump..... Shut it off when you are done mowing, open it the next time you mow....
 
Back
Top