Any help on getting support from YAT/Craftsman?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Next time one comes in I will try to remember to photograph it & post the pix.
Originally I thought it was fake but a little chat to the B & S dealer I get original parts from when needed assured me it was a genuine mower.
All sorts of thins like only 3 bolts holding to blower housing down, 1 screw on the vanity cover , bad fuel lines , etc , screamed "fake " to me

wnlewis

Threads
The B&S engine has the stars and stripes and says made in the USA.

The Serial Number is: 1911128768758

The Engine Model Number is: 093J020139F1

Made in November 2019

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Then you should be fine if the PTO measures 7/8" diameter any one of 100 different blade holders will fit
There is nothing different from one maker to the next unless they have a Honda style blade clutch/ brake when the shaft will be a bit shorter.
So pick any maker who sells a 20" mower .
Just note weather the blades are stepped or flat because a stepped blade will of course reduce the overall cut height .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

Crankshaft Specifications​

Service Part Number595024
PTO TypeStraight
Woodruff Key(s)2x #505
Square PTO Key #10.187 x 1.520 x 0.109
PTO Keyway #1 (mm)4.755 x 38.61 x 2.756
Square PTO Key #2-
PTO Keyway #2 (mm)-
PTO Threads0.375-24 UNF
PTO Shaft Diameter (in)0.874
PTO Shaft Diameter (mm)22.187
PTO Shaft Length (in)3.156
PTO Shaft Length (mm)80.162

Joed756

Threads
What the hell has happened to Craftsman? They used to be a reliable name brand.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Greedy stock holders...Just what will Briggs current downfall.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The same thing Brigg is doing. Lets everybody else build their equipment and then putting their name on it. Since the purchase by Stanley and Stanley's purchase of MTD, MTD is basically the manufacturer of Craftsman now, but a couple years ago there were several companies building Craftsman and some of those companies have now went belly up.

wnlewis

Threads
Craftsman was sold by Sears to Stanley Black & Decker in order to try to keep Sears afloat. Stanley Black & Decker (which just completed the acquisition of MTD) prefers to keep money coming in from their own dealers.

Sears dealers have had to find other similar brands to make up for product that they can't get. YAT and Senix had the price point, etc.

However, we have now come to find out that we are depending on China for very basic parts of our lives - example, high fructose corn sweetener for Coca Cola, key ingredients for Tylenol, the computer chips that go into our fighter planes and ships, our lawn mowers and trimmers, etc. And the Chinese aren't very interested in "service after the sale."

So, when I have trouble sourcing a blade and adapter for a YAT/Craftsman/Briggs & Stratton mower, it is only an example of a much larger problem.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yelp.. That is just working on a fairly new Snapper mower that Brigg provides parts but is actuctally built by Husqvarna. Briggs Snapper wasnt too smart however as Husqvarna put their part numbers on some of the parts. That how I save the customer nearly $100 on his repair by using the Husqvarna part instead buying them for m Briggs at an inflated price.

And SB&D buying MTD might why I started seeing so many MTD parts being back ordered and priced at near retail from my distributors.