Any body mowing yet?

I'm saving my back and using a vacuum this year.:smile:

One year I used a big shop vacuum to clean up all the stones from the gravel shoulder (about 450 feet) of our roadfront, had to run out 200 feet of 12 gage cord. I sure got some weird looks from the drivers passing by, they were thinking "that guy is nuts, what kind of idiot vacuums his roadfront". :confused2:
 
It's been a lovely balmy day here today, warm enough to give our lawn the first cut I'm sure but as frost is forecast tonight I think we'll wait a little longer. The grass doesn't even look long enough to cut!
 
One year I had a patch with so much gravel on it, I wound up scraping it down to the soil and re-planting the lawn... saved a lot of time. :laughing:

On Saturday I used my box blade and scraped most of the stones back onto the driveway. Actually worked pretty good, now there is alot less stones to vacuum off the lawn.:thumbsup:
 
I have the KA 160 blower (180 MPH - 4000 CFM) for the VENTRAC -- Sometimes blows them too far if I'm not careful ! :eek: No broken windows or anything, just past the other side of the driveway.
 
I have the KA 160 blower (180 MPH - 4000 CFM) for the VENTRAC -- Sometimes blows them too far if I'm not careful ! :eek: No broken windows or anything, just past the other side of the driveway.

I use this broom (Ventrac Broom Attachments) with the outside gauge wheels for de-thatching and getting the stones out. Good thinking on the blower but I agree, no broken windows :smile:

Do you guys get a ton of stuff in your lawn from the plow trucks? That is always my biggest annoyance. That and the fact that they always seem to dig up about 5 feet of sod and I always end up with a few bare spots of ground where massive chunks were taken out. :thumbdown:
 
I use this broom (Ventrac Broom Attachments) with the outside gauge wheels for de-thatching and getting the stones out. Good thinking on the blower but I agree, no broken windows :smile:

Do you guys get a ton of stuff in your lawn from the plow trucks? That is always my biggest annoyance. That and the fact that they always seem to dig up about 5 feet of sod and I always end up with a few bare spots of ground where massive chunks were taken out. :thumbdown:

Here they mainly pitch some stuff (gravel) off the shoulders, I can live with that. It's when they hit my mailbox post and break it that ticks me off...but that's another forum here.
 
Back
Top